Available in the
iTunes App Store
The Epi Info app features Data Entry, Data Analysis, and StatCalc.
Allows the user to collect data on the mobile device using a form created with Epi Info 7 on a desktop PC. Features include:
- Importing a collection form via the device’s native email app
- Opening saved forms
- Entering new records to be stored on the device
- Recalling and updating or deleting existing records
- Packaging and encrypting local datasets for import to PC Epi Info 7 projects
Allows the user to read and analyze locally-stored datasets. Features include:
- Storing comma-delimited tables to the local Epi Info SQLite table via email
- Frequency analysis
- 2x2 or MxN tables and associated statistics
- Means and associated statistics
- Deleting local SQLite tables from the device
StatCalc statistical calculators have long been a feature of CDC’s Epi info desktop software. Each calculator has been adapted for iOS and is included in this app. The app controls and facilitates user inputs by taking advantage of the iPad’s touchscreen
interface and using input devices such as sliders and steppers.
Included calculators are:
- 2x2xn calculator with associated confidence intervals and statistical tests
- Pair-matched case control 2x2 calculator with associated confidence intervals and statistical tests
- Chi-square calculator for trend detection
- Binomial calculator for determining the probability of an observed proportion
- Poisson calculator for determining the probability of an observed number of successes
- Sample size calculators
- For unmatched case-control studies
- For cohort studies
- For population surveys
Store and Export Data
Import and Analyze Data
About Epi Info
Epi Info™ is a trademark of the
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
The programs, documentation, and teaching materials are in the public domain and may be freely copied, distributed, and translated.